Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Newborns

Ellie as a newborn
Alexa


I have to be honest, I am not a fan of the "newborn phase."  I can't really tell what they need, why it is necessary to cry at 2, 3, 4 a.m and why they sometimes take 4 days to poop.  Nope, not a fan.  Ellie had colic and that was just God awful.  There is nothing like thinking or feeling like your baby hates your guts.  She was completely inconsolable from the hours of 4-7p.m every day for about the first 3 months of her life.  I prayed like hell that Alexa would not have colic.  It appears that God answered my prayers, but not how I had hoped...

Alexa has reflux.  Let me tell you that in almost every way this is worse than colic.  She cries all the time, she rarely sleeps and if she does it is in the afternoon, and she is extremely fussy.  She does not like to be put down.  The days are long and the nights are even longer.  I actually WANT to go back to work. 

This phase seems like it will never end, but then I think about how quick Ellie's first year flew by and I know this will be over in a blink.  Thank God for that. 

Maybe tonight will be the night where we actually sleep...

No comments:

Post a Comment