Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Alfredo Sauce



 This is a basic recipe for Alfredo sauce.  I warn you, it is delish!  If you make this you are likely to have it requested again and again.  Experiment with additional ingredients, more whipping cream, more cheese, garlic whatever!  And trust me on the nutmeg.  :-)

*tip- I make this with chicken and broccoli.  I do not add garlic to the alfredo sauce but I do add it to the chicken while it is cooking in the skillet*

Ingredients:

-1C heavy whipping cream
-1 stick of butter
-1/2 C shredded parmesan cheese
-1 dash of nutmeg
-salt & pepper to taste

Directions:

Melt butter over med-low in a heavy bottomed skillet.  Add heavy whipping cream and stir.  Slowly stir in the parmesan cheese.  Season with a dash of nutmeg.  Stir frequently.  Sauce with thicken.  Season with salt and pepper to taste.


















No comments:

Post a Comment